One of the powerful times was when a young woman, age 15, talked about the organization that she founded after viewing the movie Amazing Grace and praying for God’s guidance. She is an amazing young woman. So here is a summary of the lessons from Sally Rymer organizer of Clapham Sect Phase 2 http://www.csp2justiceseekers.com/
CSP2 aims to equip young people and those who work with them with the tools necessary to fight modern day slavery in their own communities and around the world.
1. Start with spiritual transformation. Teaching young people to get close to God is critical.
2. Discipleship is believing and doing.
3. Make ministry a safe place for dreams and ideas
4. Personal relationships are the key. Please don’t segregate us from adults of all ages. We learn discipleship through relationships.
5. Be an encouraging voice to youth and their dreams.
6. Pray with them, side by side, not just over them or for them.
7. Don’t be afraid to enter troubles, side by side, with the youth.
8. Celebrate with them what God is doing in their lives.
9. Don’t let youth passion and ideas dry up. Keep them accountable. Youth have short term vision. Help them live through their dreams long term.
Ways to support students with dreams-
1. Keep them connected and involved in spiritual disciplines. God pours into me so I can pour into the world.
2. Help them find the resources and connections they need to live it out.
3. Talk it through with them step by step. Help them see the practical application of the dream.
4. Help them set short and long term goals.
5. Keep them dreaming.
WOW the dreams of a young person. I hope you are helping your young people dream dreams and live out God’s call.